Here is some activity inspiration from Huffington Post. Have fun with this!
If you are 50 or older, how many of the activities on this list have you accomplished? 5, 10, 25?
Someone said “Life is an adventure…Dare It!” I highlighted the items on the list that I’ve completed. There are several I intend to do.
How about you?
1. Try surfing.
2. Go on a shallow dive.
3. Adopt a pet from a shelter.
4. Take Tango lessons.
5. Go on a Hollywood bus tour to see where your favorite stars live.
6. Visit Niagara Falls.
7. Visit a city where they don’t speak your language.
8. Fast for a day.
9. Work in a soup kitchen for a day and talk to those you serve.
10. Sit at an outdoor cafe in Paris with a copy of Hemingway’s “A Moveable Feast.”
11. Visit Marilyn Monroe’s crypt.
12. Go to Graceland and pay homage to The King.
13. Throw yourself a birthday party where everything is just the way you want it.
14. Give away your favorite piece of jewelry to your daughter or son.
15. Camp on a remote beach in Greece.
16. Visit where your parents grew up.
17. Stand at the Western Wall and hear the silence through the cacophony of noises.
18. Visit at least five of the Wonders of the World.
19. Be first in line at a Black Friday sale, even if you have to camp out the night before.
20. Take tennis lessons, sailing lessons, yoga lessons.
21. Go to your high school reunion.
22. Go on a silent retreat.
23. Test drive a Ferrari.
24. Swim in at least five oceans, preferably in the same year.
25. Hike the Pacific Crest or John Muir trail.
26. Stay at the Post Ranch Inn in Big Sur.
27. Fall in love with your partner all over again.
28. Stay with a family in Italy so you can experience the “real” Italy.
29. Complete a conversation in a foreign language.
30. See a Broadway show.
31. Read a newspaper cover to cover.
32. Go without Internet for a month.
33. Keep a journal.
34. Re-connect with a friend you haven’t talked to in at least 10 years.
35. Fly first class.
36. Stay up all night with friends and watch the sun come up.
37. Go skinny dipping.
38. Teach someone a skill you’re really good at.
39. Splurge on something extravagant.
40. Eat with chopsticks.
41. Repair something yourself.
42. Visit the market in Chichicastenango, Guatemala.
43. Research your family history.
44. Spend an afternoon mentoring/tutoring a child in need.
45. Build a fire.
46. Make a dramatic change to your hairstyle.
47. Take a leap of faith.
48. Throw a surprise party for someone you really care about.
49. Visit the Blue Lagoon in Iceland.
50. Tell a joke that has an entire room laughing.